Saturday, November 24, 2012

One of the Best Birthdays - Ever!

This week I celebrated my birthday! on Thanksgiving Day! It's not often that my birthday falls on that wonderful day. Mr. M asked me what day of the week I was born on - that's easy, Thursday! Easy to remember because I was born on Thanksgiving. We had been talking about what day of the week the different holidays are on. "I thought Thanksgiving was on the 25th?" "No. It's always on the fourth Thursday of the month!" his older brother chimed in.

The story goes that my due date was long past. My parents and sister went to one of our parent's parents' house for Thanksgiving dinner. Then they went to the other's parents' house for Thanksgiving dessert. Then they went to the hospital and had me! :)

So what about this year made it one of the BEST birthdays EVER??

  • It was on Thanksgiving Day
  • Mr. Gehrke was actually home to celebrate with us (last year he was gone hunting)
  • My guys all helped make the Thanksgiving meal
  • My little family was with me
It was a low-key celebration. We couldn't find enough candles to stick in the homemade pumpkin pie. :) (whew!) There were cards from everybody. They wanted me to pick out my own birthday gifts the next day.


Last Saturday I ordered myself a Freeset bag through The MOB Society blog. Every bag sold helps free a woman out of sex slavery and into freedom in India. My bag came today! I'm so excited! It's beautiful in so many ways - what it stands for and the simplicity of it.




Each bag is unique. The fabric is cut from a recycled sari. It's one of my favorite shades of blue! I can't wait to start using it!

I also got some beautiful scented candles and a couple new hats. The best part of my birthday was spending it with the ones I love. :)




No comments: